The UVA Bookstores is a self-supporting, nonprofit organization owned and operated by the University. All net proceeds are returned to the University in direct support of AccessUVA and student programming. The Bookstores consist of the main store, located at 400 Emmet Street South atop the Central Grounds parking garage, and four other retail outlets across Grounds. The Bookstore offers a unique shopping experience with over 60,000 square feet of retail space and convenient hours of operation open seven days a week.
Goods and services include:
- Textbooks: Working directly with faculty and carrying virtually all undergraduate course books and materials, the UVA Bookstore is the only full-service textbook department in Charlottesville. In order to combat the high price of textbooks, it offers an extensive selection of used books, textbook rentals on more than 1,000 titles, and e-books. The Bookstore offers an easy, convenient option to order textbooks online for pick up at the beginning of each semester. Go to the UVA Bookstores website to learn more.
- General Books: This department offers a wide variety of popular interest, reference, and computer books; magazines and journals; as well as a broad selection of scholarly books and study guides that support the University’s academic mission. General books are 10 percent off every day.
- General Merchandise: Students can find just about every school, office, art, and computer supply they will need for their studies. At the main Bookstore and at T.J.’s Locker, patrons can find a wide selection of UVA gifts and clothing, everyday gifts, sporting goods, health and beauty aids, and dorm accessories.
- Special Services: The main Bookstore offers a variety of special services, including UPS shipping, dry cleaning, custom engraving and imprinting, a notary public service, purchase of USPS stamps, and the sale of Home Ride of Virginia bus tickets to northern Virginia, Richmond, and the Tidewater area. Students also can make deposits to their Cavalier Advantage accounts.
- Cavalier Computers: Located inside the UVA Bookstore is a full service computer store. As an authorized Apple, Dell, HP, and Lenovo center, the stockroom provides UVA students, faculty, and staff a wide variety of laptop and desktop computers, tablets, computer accessories, and software at educationally discounted pricing. Additional services include ink refill station, technology trade-in program, and cell service program. Cavalier Computers offers the CAV program, a fully supported computer program exclusively for UVA students. Go to the Cavalier Computers website to learn more.
Einstein Bros. Bagels features a full-service coffee bar, bagels, sandwiches, and snacks for sale.
A Printing & Copying Center, custom embroidery, and a full-service pharmacy are located in the rear of the main store. Students can drop off and pick up prescriptions or consult with a licensed pharmacist.
The Bookstore accepts cash, personal check, or major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) and offers online shopping through its website. In addition, students can charge purchases by showing their student ID and specifying Cavalier Advantage or Student Charge. Available to all full-time students once they have registered, Student Charge is issued with a credit limit of $1,000. Student Charge purchases from the Bookstore are billed on a monthly basis, along with other charges accrued at the University. The bill is sent to the student through QuikPay@UVA.
Other retail locations:
Cavalier Computers: Inside the main UVA Bookstore and T.J.’s Locker
T.J.’s Locker: Inside the Aquatic & Fitness Center
Courts and Commerce: Inside Slaughter Hall at the Law School
Darden Exchange: Inside Sponsors Hall at the Darden School