As the hub for student activities at UVa, Newcomb Hall provides opportunities for social, intellectual, and recreational exploration in a comfortable interactive environment. Undergraduate students frequently spend time at Newcomb, whether planning or attending an event, getting a bite to eat, or relaxing in one of the lounge areas.
In addition to meeting spaces, lounges, multiple dining facilities, a theater, a convenience store, and a game room, other student services at Newcomb include:
- Office of the Dean of Students units: Fraternity and Sorority Life and Student Activities
- Student Activities Center (SAC)
- Media Activities Center (MAC), and the Cavalier Daily office
- Student Council, Class Council, Honor Committee, and University Judiciary Committee offices
- Information Center
- Event Ticket Office
- U.S. Post Office
- Bank of America full-service bank
- Wells Fargo ATM, second floor
For more information
Newcomb also is home to several major student programming organizations, including the Arts Board, the Cultural Programming Board, and the University Programs Council (UPC). The student-run UPC is responsible for providing the University and Charlottesville communities with exciting, diverse, and entertaining programs, and is a great way for students to get involved.