Parents and families are invited to participate in many activities on Grounds and in cities across the world to connect with each other, with alumni, and with the University of Virginia. Below you will find ways to get involved and stay connected through UVA’s alumni and parent engagement programs.
You are invited to continue your pursuit of intellectual knowledge through a variety of ways. For more information, visit www.alumni.virginia.edu/learn.
- Faculty lectures in your hometown with UVA Clubs.
- “More Than the Score” lectures before each home football game.
- Engaging the Mind public lectures in Virginia.
- Summer Jefferson Symposium, an on-Grounds educational experience.
- UVA at Oxford Seminar, live-in college while studying at Oxford.
- One-Day UVA, an in-depth, daylong learning experience designed to educate, provoke thought, and encourage dialgoue.
- HooReads! An interactive reading program focused on a recent UVA faculty book, including lectures, book readings, book signings, webinars, blogs, and book discussions.
- An online catalog of educational resources, Postcast recordings of faculty lectures, and the blog, "Thoughts from the Lawn."
With locations in more than 100 cities worldwide, parents and family members are invited to participate in social events, community service projects, educational activities, and professional development in the community where you live. To find a UVA Club near you, go to http://uvaclubs.virginia.edu. Activities include:
- Community service projects and volunteer leadership opportunities with your local UVA Club.
- Meet and get to know other UVA parents in your hometown by coming together to socialize and share experiences at a Hoos Up for Coffee event.
- Learn from the University’s top faculty during regional talks on a variety of topics.
- Cheer on UVA sports teams with fellow Cavalier fans at game watching events and tailgates.
- Get to know fellow UVA students and parents at Student Send-offs where you can meet current students, parents, alumni, and University staff.
Alumni and Parent Travel
The University of Virginia’s Alumni and Parent Travel program offers a variety of educational travel journeys to worldwide destinations with UVA faculty and local experts. To learn more, visit http://alumni.virginia.edu/travel. Upcoming destinations include:
September 17-25, 2016
October 17-29, 2016
Burma: Alumni Service Trip
September 23-30, 2016
To stay up to date about happenings on Grounds and in your hometown, check the following event calendars:
Please join us this fall for the Family Weekend Breakfast to find out more ways to stay connected to UVA.
For more information about ways to get involved, contact Beverly Wakefield, senior associate director for alumni and parent engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 434.243.2202.